What We Treat
Our goal at Pediatric Pulmonary and Sleep Specialists is to assist busy primary care providers in the outpatient and hospital management of challenging pulmonary cases by providing an accessible range of consultative and diagnostic services.
With our focus on caring for children from birth to young adulthood, the expertise of our physicians and staff includes:
- Pulmonary Complications of Prematurity
- Acute and Chronic Upper Airway Constriction
- Acute Pneumonia
- Complicated Pneumonia with Pleural Effusion
- Acute Respiratory Distress
- Apnea of Prematurity and Infancy
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
- Chronic Respiratory Insufficiency
- Chronic Lung Disease
- Congenital Lung Anomalies
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Evaluation of Recurrent infections, including bronchitis and pneumonia
- Gastroesophageal (GERD)/Infant Reflux
- Neuromuscular weakness, muscular dystrophy
- Neurologic disorders, SMA
- Disphagia/Discoordinated swallowing, aspiration, cerebral palsy
Through the medical facilities of our community's hospitals and adjunct health care providers, our staff provides patients access to all resources required to diagnose, treat and manage their healthcare heels. These include:
Full diagnostic laboratory and testing facilities including complete pulmonary function testing, measurement of diffusion capacity, exercise and methacoline airway challenges and pediatric flexible bronchoscopy including broncho alveolane lavage.
Specialized clinics and services in cystic fibrosis, airway disorders, tracheostomy care, and technology dependent tailoring programs and treatment to individual patient needs.